Amendment 2 – OKI 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan and FY21 – 24 TIP Amendment 10
This report constitutes an amendment to the metropolitan transportation plan and Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) prepared by the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments (OKI) for the Cincinnati metropolitan area.
These amendments are undertaken primarily to incorporate and account for projects that received Ohio Transportation Review Advisory Committee (TRAC) funds in September 2021. These funds allow the continuation of the project development process of existing Plan projects and the addition of an additional project not currently in the Plan. These changes trigger the requirement for a new regional emissions analysis, and a new finding of conformity.
In summary the following changes are included in this action:
2050 Plan Amendment 2
- Add North Hamilton Crossing Phase 3.
- Adjust construction costs for projects impacted by changes in year of construction and demonstrate fiscal
- Adjust air quality analysis year for projects impacted by changes in year of construction and demonstrate air
- quality conformity.
TIP Amendment 10
- Add PE phase for North Hamilton Crossing to the TIP (PID 115755)
- Add PE phase for I-75/Milliken interchange to the TIP (PID 113647)
- Move non-exempt SR 32 project from Plan (Plan #9930) to TIP (PID 115976). This project involves multiple elements in the Village of Newtown. Create 2 SB left turn lanes at Round Bottom, widen SR 32 to provide 2 receiving lanes w/ new lane ending as RTL at Little Dry Run. Add shared use path.
- Add Construction phase for SR 63 widening (PID 112121)
- Revise the AQ analysis year for non-exempt project 6-80000 (Plan #9903). This project widens KY 237 from KY 536 to US 42. Revised cost estimate provided by KYTC.
This report constitutes an amendment to the metropolitan transportation plan prepared by the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments (OKI) for the Cincinnati metropolitan area. The OKI 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (the Plan) was updated and adopted by the OKI Board of Directors on June 11, 2020. The FY2021-24 TIP was adopted April 9, 2020.
Periodically, as needs and conditions change, it becomes necessary to modify the Plan. This amendment is undertaken to incorporate several changes necessitated by the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s recently signed into law Six Year Highway Plan. The Six Year Plan identifies funding for projects that require entry in to the OKI TIP and Plan and has triggered the need for this amendment, a new regional emissions analysis, and a new finding of conformity.
This Amendment is undertaken to address the following items:
- 2050 Plan: ADD Project 6-80150 KY 717 from Turfway Rd. (KY 1017) to Donaldson Rd. (KY 236). Widen from 2 to 4 lanes
- FY 2021-24 TIP: ADD Project 6-162.3 (Plan ID 9865) KY 536 from KY 1303 to Williamswood Rd/Calvary Drive. Widen from 2 to 4 lanes
- FY 2021-24 TIP: ADD Project 6-162.4 (Plan ID 9866) KY 536 from Williamswood Rd/Calvary Drive to KY 17. Widen from 2 to 4 lanes